Nobody knows better than us crazy writers that the lows are just as necessary as the highs, but that doesn’t mean we like these darker, more tumultuous times any better. So what do we do about it? We write, duh!
Or we sit around smoking cigarettes and talking shit about other people until we feel better.
Bottom line, it’s now time to take out your old-fashioned pen and paper, or open up your newfangled Word document, and git on down to it!
10. You are like Luke Skywalker. Write three different opening paragraphs to your autobiography, trying out very different styles.
9. Write the lyrics of a catchy jingle for a plumbing service.
8. You are a superhero. What are your powers, and how do you use them?
7. Write an X-rated Disney scenario.
6. Drink a beer. Write about the taste.
5. Write a bathroom wall limerick.
4. Create an imaginary friend (human or not).
3. Write about your life among the pirates.
2. Write a poem about a tomato.
1. Go ahead. Write about that time you peed your pants.
Happy writing, and happier times ahead!